Elise C. Cole
Don’t Copy Wrong: Copyright!
Have you been avoiding learning the ins-and-outs of copyright even though you know you should? Is the subject too complicated, confusing or lawyerly for you to delve into? If you answered yes, then this lecture is for you!
In this lecture, you will learn:
- What is Copyright and what do you need to know as a family historian?
- What is covered by Copyright and what is not?
- What constitutes fair dealing and when does it not apply?
- When do you need to seek permission and when don’t you?
- How do you protect my own research and/or photos?
- What can you do if someone reproduces my work without my permission?
Elise will break down copyright and what you need to know as a family history researcher and explain things in easy-to-understand way that you can apply in your own research. The lecture will also touch on licensing, international Copyright laws and other intellectual property topics that the family history researcher might encounter.