- When did you first start working on your family history?
2. What was your most surprising discovery?
Not surprising quite as much as satisfying to confirm that the family stories of Mayflower ancestry were true.
3. Have you done a DNA test? Were there any surprises about countries of origins?
Yes. Not really.
4. What is the brick wall you would most like to break down in your family history?
My paternal Swiss line. I have found four separate documents for four different women for the wife of one of my Swiss ancestors and I am trying to determine which one was my ancestor.
5. What is your favourite part of researching your family history?
DNA Analysis, particularly Y chromosome research.