- When did you first start working on your family history?
About 40 years ago.
2. What was your most surprising discovery?
That one of my lines was not Ag labs (Agricultural Labourers) or coal miners, but of the English upper class.
3. Have you done a DNA test? Were there any surprises about countries of origins?
Yes, several. But no surprises re countries of origin.
4. What is the brick wall you would most like to break down in your family history?
My great-grandfather (of I think Scottish descent) was born in Portugal in 1830. I would like to find his antecedents in Scotland.
5. What is your favourite part of researching your family history?
The wonderful stories that go along with the discovery of ancestors’ names. Criminality, odd careers, etc.